Register To Vote
Registering to vote in Virginia is easy, but does require that an individual meet certain requirements. Already registered but need to update or change your voter information? All of this can be done online with the Virginia Department of Elections.
Request Your Absentee Ballot
Apply for Your Absentee Ballot Today. Effective July 1st, 2020, any registered Virginia voter can request an absentee mail-in ballot. No reason is required! The mail-in ballot application deadline for the general election is 5pm Friday, October 27th. Apply now to reduce any possible delays.
Vote Early In-Person
You can cast your ballot early and in-person at your local registrars office from September 22nd through November 3rd, and on Saturday, October 28, November 4th. The early in-person voting period ends on November 4th at 5:00 p.m.
Early In-Person Voting Locations
- James City County Registrars Office: 4095 Ironbound Road, Williamsburg, VA 23188
- Newport News Registrars Office: 2400 Washington Avenue, Newport News, VA 23607
- Poquoson Registrars Office: 500 City Hall Ave, Poquoson, VA 23662
- Williamsburg City Registrars Office: 401 Lafayette Street, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- York County Registrars Office: 5322 George Washington Memorial Highway, Yorktown, VA 23692
Voting on Election Day
Cast your ballot on Election Day November 7th at your local polling location from 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM. If you are in line by 7:00 PM you will be able to vote.
Find Your Local Polling Location
Make sure you know where to go on Election Day. Check your polling location by accessing your Virginia voter record.
Virginia State Senate 24th District
Senator Monty Mason is running for re-election in the newly drawn 24th district to represent York County, Williamsburg, Poquoson, and parts of Newport News and James City County.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- September 22nd: First day of early-in person voting at your local registrar’s office
- October 16th: Last day you can register to vote for the November election. People can still register on/up to Election Day, but that vote will be provisional if registering after October 16th
- October 27th: Last day to request a no-excuse absentee ballot
- October 28th: First day of Saturday early voting in-person
- November 4th: Last day to vote early in-person at your local registrar’s office
- November 7th: Election day!